Since announcing the creation of A Quick Ting On, the first non-fiction series on Black British culture, in 2019 Jacaranda have been quietly working to bring the books together. The final titles for the first eight books have now been announce in media with the publication dates for the first six titles confirmed:
- A Quick Ting On: Afrobeats by Christian Adofo - 7th October 2021
- A Quick Ting On: Plantain by Rui Da Silva - 22nd October 2021
- A Quick Ting On: Black British Power Movement by Chanté Joseph - 28th October 2021
- A Quick Ting On: The Black Girl Afro by Zainab Kway-Swanzy - 4th November 2021
- A Quick Ting On: Black British Businesses by Tskenya-Sarah Frazer - 12th November 2021
- A Quick Ting On: Theatre Sh*t: Reimagining Black British Theatre by Tobi Kyeremateng - 19th November 2021
- A Quick Ting On: Grime by Franklyn Addo - release date TBA 2022
- A Quick Ting On: Bamboo Earrings by Sophia Tassew - release date TBA 2022
Each title in the series is written by a leading young Black British voice who are all debut authors, including writer, journalist and cultural curator Christian Adofo; broadcaster and host of Channel 4’s How Not To Be Racist, Chanté Joseph; artist and producer Rui Da Silva aka Rei Sky; award winning theatre and film producer and writer Tobi Kyeremateng; and more.
A Quick Ting On was created and commissioned by young writer and award winning publisher Magdalene Abraha, who reached out to friends over WhatsApp and persuaded them to write a book, the rest is history.